Barnaul Cartridge Plant specializes in the production of sporting & hunting cartridges and service ammunition, produces a series of targets and other related products, which are of high demand and competitiveness on Russian and the world market. Nowadays the company produces more than 240 items.
The history of the Barnaul Cartridge Plant begins with the history of the JSC Holding Company Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant.
The company's origins can be traced back to the reign of Emperor Alexander II, when one of the first cartridge plants in Russia was founded in St. Petersburg in the mid-19th century and supplied the Russian Army with its products during the World War I. The factory existed in St Petersburg until the Civil War (1917-1922).
When German troops were approaching St Petersburg, the plant was evacuated to Podolsk in the Moscow region. When the World War II began on the Eastern Front (1941-1945), ammunition production was moved from Podolsk, Lugansk and Moscow to Barnaul, where the plant produced almost all types of military cartridges for the country's military arsenal. November 24, 1941 is considered to be the birthday of the factory in the Altai region, the day when the first batch of live ammunition was sent to the battle front.
During the World War II the plant produced 7.62 mm rifle cartridges, 12.7 mm and 14.5 mm cartridges with armour-piercing incendiary bullet, as well as cartridges for TT pistol. During all the years of war the plant remained the leader in the All-Union socialist competition. The contribution of the plant in the victory is characterized by the fact that every 2nd cartridge produced during the war was made in Altay. In April 1945 the plant was the only one among cartridge manufacturing companies to receive the highest award of the USSR - the Order of Lenin. The plant was honored with the Red Banner for perpetual keeping.
Afterwards, the company has mastered a wide range of hunting and sports cartridges, bringing the assortment range from two items in the early 90's, to more than 270 items today. Since 2003, Barnaul Cartridge Plant JSC is an independent legal entity, formed on the basis of Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant, and plays a leading role in the group of enterprises within the JSC Holding Company Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant.
Barnaul Cartridge Plant JSC plans its participation in Russian and International exhibitions, fairs and other advertising events. Show plan for the next year is made in October-November of the current year.
We ask exhibition centers to send us information about region exhibitions in advance via E-mail : email@example.com.